Climate change and exponential population growth have threatened the world’s supply of water resources from the past to the present time with dire implications on economy, environment, and human health. Many water issues are high on the political agenda, whether it concerns the lack of access to the safe water and the sanitation or the increase in water-related disasters due to the natural disasters.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are very pleased to invite you to participate in the IWA Regional Symposium on the past, present and future of the world’s water resource. The topics of this symposium include but not limited to:
1) Assessing ancient water system,
2) Assessing water history,
3) Tracking and monitoring of water resources,
4) Advancing innovative techniques and novel approaches to simulate and monitor the effects of local management and climate change on water resource,
5) Assessing the pressures and threats: impacts of global environmental changes on water resources,
6) Assessing surface and groundwater interaction,
7) Hydrology and Hydrogeology,
8) Wastewater and its treatment,
9) Innovative treatment technologies.
We are looking forward to meet you in the IWA Regional Symposium on water, wastewater and environment to be held on 22-24 March, 2017 in Çesme-Izmir, Turkey. The 2nd IWA Regional Symposium will provide special emphasis on the past, present and future of the world’s water resources.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Prof.Dr. Alper BABA Chairman
Prof.Dr. Andreas N. ANG ELAKIS
Chair Person of
IWA SG on WWAC
Prof.Dr. Gökmen TAYFUR